Checking in

Use this forum for anything that doesn't quite fit into other categories...
crackedconch

Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. I know boating season is slowing down (or for our northern boaters, over). Good news is that boat show and marine flea market season is starting up, so at least we have that to look forward to. Don't forget that now is also the time to take care of any of your boat projects that you've been putting off. Make sure to post pictures of your projects.

Mike
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!"

2016 197SF
2016 Suzuki DF150
thecoastisclear

Hey Mike! I had a great year, and I'm hoping it's not over yet! Last time I was out of Morehead City in NC a few weeks ago we caught false albacore until our arms were ready to fall off. We then trolled a temp break and ended up snagging a handful of Kings and a single Mahi. That was the first time I've put more than a single King Mackerel in my boat. Man are they tasty, too! It made for a great weekend all around.

Unfortunately my trim tab motor blew up this year. I plan to do a write-up on replacing it in the coming weeks as soon as I get a free weekend to tackle it. Already have the parts, just need the time.
crackedconch

Hi, sorry for the late response. I haven't been on here in quite some time. I'm mostly on facebook Pioneer Owner's page. I did promise to check this site once in a while, so that'll be my New Year's resolution.

Sounds like you had a great time! I haven't been out on the boat in a few months. Every time I think about going out, the weather is crap. It's been very windy here in South Florida. I did get out earlier this month for the Holiday Boat Parade, but that doesn't really count. I've got a few projects to take care of around the house and boat and then I'll be ready. I am going to try and get some inshore fishing done (hopefully).

Mike
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things!!"

2016 197SF
2016 Suzuki DF150